We are smack in the middle of the holidays and salty, sugary, and fat laden foods & treats are everywhere! By being prepared, you can make it through the holidays without gaining an ounce!! Here are six simple tips to help you stay mindful during your holidays:
- Take a healthier version of your favorite holiday food to your parties and holiday get together’s. Since I follow a plant strong diet, I like to take dishes that don’t have any butter & cheese. That way, I know I will have some good food to eat, and others usually end up asking me for the recipe so they can make it at home! I loved this cauliflower mash with mushroom gravy!
- Make sure not to go to a party hungry and on an empty stomach! I’ve definitely learned my lesson there!! I like to eat an apple before going to dinners or a party. The fiber helps satiate you, so you avoid overindulging and feeling like crap the next day! ?
- Once you get to the party, focus on eating the whole foods and watch out for sauces, creams, fried foods, and desserts. Fruits, veggies, hummus, & nuts are healthier options than the cheese and crackers, meatballs, and fried ethnic foods.
- If you really want to try a calorie rich food, or something that you do not normally eat, take a small amount and have a bite or two. You don’t have to finish it.
- Eat slowly! It takes your brain about 20 minutes to recognize that you’re getting full. Enjoy conversations with your loved ones, while being mindful of the foods that you’re consuming.
- Get in a daily workout during the holidays to stay refreshed and energized! Don’t know what to do? There are plenty of free workouts on youtube and I personally love the BeachBody on Demand options!
I’d love to hear what your favorite tips and tricks are to stay mindful during the holidays!!
Merry Christmas & Happy Hanukkah!!
Love & light,