Focus: Mediterranean Diet for Heart Disease
June 15 – 21, 2015
- A 7-Day focused immersion into THE Mediterranean diet and lifestyle
- Designed to provide an overview of the culture, nature and cuisine of Crete, with an emphasis on cuisine in helping to maintain optimal health; food as medicine and prevention
- Develop strategies to implement the Mediterranean lifestyle when returning home
- Ideal for health care practitioners, people with a family history of heart disease, and those interested in the Mediterranean diet and lifestyle
Join us for an informative and exciting immersion on the magnificent isle of Crete. Our base is in the foothills near the Minoan Palace of Knossos, where olive oil and wine has been produced for over four thousand years. This historic region is bustling with small-scale agricultural production in communities striving to sustain cherished traditions. We’ll visit resident specialists at their “field offices.” Over 20 teachers will present during this 9-Day Mediterranean Immersion.
Per Person Price: $3,660 (Double Room) / Deposit per Person: $500 due April 17, 2015. Full payment must be received by May 1, 2014. All checks should be made to: Focus43 LLC. Space is limited to 20 Attendees.
For more details contact Jacque Tarlton: firstname.lastname@example.org or 786.351.3488
- Archaeological and Historic SitesBotanical Hikes,
- Usage of Wild Plants in Cuisine and Medicine
- Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Production Factory
- Organic Vineyard and Winery
- Organic Farms and Markets
- Cooking Classes by Pro Chefs and Traditional CooksDoctors
- Nutritionists, Herbalists, Practitioners of Naturopathic Medicine
- Holistic Health Agronomists-Eco Agriculture Experts and Ecologists
- Community Sustainable Living Practices/Conservation
- Sustainable Tourism Practitioners
Nikki Rose – Professional Chef, Writer, Seminar Director Crete’s Culinary Sanctuaries Network an award-winning cultural-culinary education program
Jacque Tarlton – Founder, Focus43, Curator of Wellness Immersion Tours
Manolis Avramakis, Botanist, University of Crete, Natural History Museum
Dr. Matina Chronopoulou, NaturopathVassilis Gkisakis, Agronomist, PhD, Agrobiodiversity
Dimitris Mavrakis, Chef-Proprietor, Kritamon Estiatorio
Dr. Yiorgos Spanakis, Neurologist, BRAINFITNESS
Elena Paravantes, RDN, Food and Nutrition Writer, Mediterranean Diet Consultant
Did you know mental health issues, including depression, are the second leading cause of disability (after heart disease!)?! And, mental health problems are the leading cause of people filing for Social Security disability in the US. How interesting is it that depression is nearly non-existent in Iceland because of the foods the Icelanders ingest despite the fair amount of time they spend in continual darkness during their freezing winters?!?
Join Focus43 on an experiential journey to Iceland! We will learn about and taste all of the Icelandic delicacies that attribute to their happy living. We will also tour many of the beautiful destinations in this lush island!
Contact us if you would like to immerse yourself in the Culture and Cuisine of Iceland!